Jampp is a performance marketing platform for retargeting mobile customers. We combine behavioral data with predictive and programmatic technology to generate revenue for advertisers by showing personal, relevant ads that inspire consumers to purchase for the first time, or more often.
We are a team of +80 very passionate mobile specialists composed of 10 different nationalities, managing a growing portfolio of global app-driven businesses. We are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team to manage the full life-cycle of a Big Data solution.
Our challenges span many technologies, from extremely performant and scalable code to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have. We work in small teams that build reliable, fast and beautiful software.
The position is based in our Berlin Office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the full life-cycle of a Big Data solution; from creating the requirements analysis to the platform selection and deployment of the proposed solution.
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models, pipelines, and a scalable data platform.
- Design and implement processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of sources (relational, NoSQL, web services, flat files).
- Keep our data structured in a way that makes regular analysis easy and flexible.
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them.
- +3 years experience participating in projects that involved large-scale data processing
- Strong SQL programming and coding skills
- Good knowledge of Linux administration (grep/sed/find, CRON, etc.)
- Big data stack (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (Elastic Map Reduce, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Flume, Storm, Spark Streaming.
- Mentoring and Coaching skills
- A real experience of designing and implementing solutions that are now in production.
TOOLS WE LIKE
- Python / Cython
- MySQL and PostgreSQL took to its furthest extent
- Memcached and Redis
- Asynchronous services and queues (e.g., Node.js, ZeroMQ)
- Mercurial and Git
- Amazon Web Services (AWS, e.g., S3, EC2)
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 🤓 A structured onboarding Bootcamp in Buenos Aires, Argentina (HQ) and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- 🍿Coffee, loads of snacks and a fridge full of drinks!
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities. Did we mention an annual off-site?