Front End Developer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking an engineer specializing in front end development to join our growing team. In this role, you will work closely with our designers to build our brand, and create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process.
You are a passionate, motivated, and self-starting individual who is excited to work on a team focused on disrupting and leading the home furnishings industry through a transformative online experience. Through code, you will help reinvent the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
Everyone on our team is expected to balance an elevated brand experience with well-researched, conversion-focused ecommerce solutions.
We are a collaborative team that works closely and cross functionally with content, design and engineering, as well as key stakeholders across the organization including department heads and the C-level team.
You will be expected to:
- Build an outstanding ecommerce experience and address complex problems
- Be willing to put forward ideas and solutions to keep our brand on the cutting edge of web
- Have a strong grasp of responsive design and the importance of mobile
- Frequently evaluate code to maintain a stable and optimized code base
- Identify bugs and respond to urgent requests
- Deploy hot fixes
- Collaborate with other engineers as well as members of the product team to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the web and other applications
- Communicate succinctly and effectively with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
We believe that great design, especially within the ecommerce space, starts with understanding our users. We always strive to prototype and test new features/experiences and put a user-centric emphasis on the entire design process. Given that research and testing is such a key part of our design practice, experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Optimizely) is a plus.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- You have 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong front end development skills (HTML, CSS (SCSS), JS/jQuery)
- Can execute pixel perfect, responsive design
- Ecommerce experience
- Understanding of usability and conversion-focused design
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework (Jira, Trello)
- Ability to self-manage workload in a fast-paced and nimble environment
- Experience working within a tech stack is that includes Magento, PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Cloudfront, AWS
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN, etc.)
GREAT TO HAVE
- Magento experience
- Experience with an MVC like Laravel
- Experience with Shopify or any other popular ecommerce platform.
- Experience with an A/B testing framework
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 365-day return policy are included with every order.
Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.