Intent Media isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at Intent Media is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intent Media, you’ll code and innovate on products that are changing the e-commerce industry. Our engineering teams help the world’s leading travel companies to serve tens of millions of ads every day around the world. These ads provide an exceptional user experience to help shoppers find and compare prices, while simultaneously increasing brand profitability.
In our engineering work, we balance cutting-edge technologies with industry-proven practices. Our polyglot approach means you will see a variety of languages, libraries, and databases. Our agile way of working is founded on many years of experience; you will be working with accomplished innovators in the software community.
What You Will Do:
- Identify regression, code, feature, and design risks
- Build configuration management tools for advertisers to configure campaigns, bids, targets, and deep links
- Build ad serving platform which displays advertisement on publisher’s website
- Capture advertiser user profile data using AWS API and processing using AWS Lambda
- Build, maintain, optimize high-throughput auction platform, as well as tools used by our advertisers to monitor and manage their campaigns
- Coordinate with team members, including product managers, to help determine the most appropriate priority of stories and tasks based on value, cost, and inter-dependence
- Review test results to ensure functionality of existing programs and recommend corrective action, consult with development engineers in the resolution of problems
- Design, code, and execute automate test scripts and select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Prepare reports and documentation updates, and provide technical consultation on automation issues, tools and processes
Intent Media is looking for bright and ambitious software engineers to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans and dogs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or any other engineering field and five years of progressive experience in software development and testing
- Must have proficiency in Manual Testing, Agile, Test Driven Development, Test Cases, Test Planning, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Must have proficiency in testing tools such as cucumber, selenium and testing frameworks Travis and Team city and building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud or other platforms
- Must have proficiency in preparing automation test cases and automation test development using Selenium/Web Driver
Intent Media uses predictive analytics to help travel brands maximize revenue per visitor. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities — trained and fine-tuned for years — enable us to serve ads and conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
We operate in more than 40 countries with hundreds of airline, hotel, car rental, online travel agency and meta-search partners around the globe, including nine of the top 10 OTAs and metasearch sites in North America. We’re over 100 people, with offices in NYC (HQ) & London.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’ve been included on the Crain’s top 100 places to work in NYC list for six years running!
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Unlimited vacation
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light and roof deck access
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7
- In-office yoga classes
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks! You can learn more about us at:
You may also send resumes to:
Intent Media Inc.
315 Hudson St, Suite 902
New York, NY 10013
ATTN: Bobby Pearson