At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed, and delivering email is one way we do that. We will send 20 billion emails on behalf of our small business customers this year. Making sure that those emails are delivered to the Inbox is a massive challenge and one that we take very seriously. We work to help small businesses successfully deliver their email every day. Our full commitment to this mission means there will be long days days and incredible challenges. We expect you to bring hustle, grit and passion to the table. You will need to take proactive ownership and improve yourself constantly in a high-intensity startup atmosphere. But the reward? You will learn. You will grow your skills. And most importantly -- you may just contribute to something larger than yourself.
We are looking for a Python Developer/Data Analyst who can make an immediate impact on our Email Operations team. As a member of the team we will expect you to fulfill three broad functions:
- Automate anything and everything to allow us to scale our email compliance and delivery services to customers
- Deploy, run, and oversee monitoring of our automated email compliance and ticketing platform
- Develop new features in Python for our email compliance and ticketing platform
- Develop backend services in Python to support our daily operations
- Build web applications in Python using popular frameworks like Django and Flask.
- Help define KPIs and develop dashboards to track email deliverability questions and metrics using Splunk, Looker, Tableau, and other tools
- Review and report on email metrics to gauge effectiveness and progress towards department goals
- Collect, interpret, munge, move, store, and wrangle data from a wide variety of sources
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make recommendations
- Ensure data integrity - does the data tell the correct story?
- Set best practices for the software development process: coding standards, testing, change
- Mentor other team members as we transition to automated email compliance processes
- Strong Python Scripting Language skills
- Fluency in SQL and a deep understanding of the common pitfalls of data analysis
- Experience with the Splunk data analytics tool
- Experience with modern scalable data warehouses (BigQuery/Redshift/Hive/etc) and BI tools (Looker) is strongly preferred
- Power user of analytical tools (Mixpanel, Optimizely, Google analytics, Python, etc)
- Experience working for an Email Service Provider is a plus
- Self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- Critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- Work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly