IgnitionOne offers technology and services that help marketers win. The company focuses on intelligent audience creation, real-time cross-channel scoring, and robust optimization – providing a layer for smarter marketing decisions and deeper insights, whether you use native IgnitionOne solutions such as Search, Display, Email, and Website Personalization – or the marketing technology you already have. With a global footprint of hundreds of employees in 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and ZenithOptimedia. Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment alongside some of the smartest thought leaders in advertising technology. Be the member of a team that delivers innovative marketing technology that simplifies marketers’ lives and drives performance to new heights. Have fun collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, you grow professionally and high performers are recognized and rewarded. And join a company on the cutting edge of digital marketing and technology that is regularly honored with awards and has been featured in major news media such as WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, AdAge, ADWEEK and more.
Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer uses his/her exceptional problem-solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers – both internal and external to solve their complex problems. At Ignition One, this team works directly with Customer Success to understand the customer’s challenges or needs with our tools. Application Service Engineers become experts in the entire IgnitionOne ecosystem – Our databases, how the data and products relate to each other, custom integrations, etc. Our engineers combine their expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be expected to bring exceptional curiosity to this role and a hunger to learn and dig in to the issues. This role requires 1 – 2 years of tech support experience as well as familiarity with basic troublehooting tools such as browser developer tools, Fiddler, etc.
- Work with internal customers to solve their challenging IgnitionOne technical problems
- Advise internal customers on best practices for using our products.
- Improve the quality of IgnitionOne by reproducing customer problems and writing crystal clear bug reports including reproducible functional tests
- Be an advocate for our customers’ needs, interfacing with the IgnitionOne product management and development teams on their behalf
- Contribute to internal technical projects, including software development of support tools, performance benchmarking, and building documentation and training guides
- Help identify candidates for data restoration when a bug/outage has occurred
- Strong background in one or more of the following (ideally with experience in the rest):
- Software development
- Application architecture
- Systems administration
- Network administration
- Database administration
- Data architecture and design
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Highly concurrent systems
- Technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases)
- Tagging technologies (ie Google Tag Manager, TagMan, Telium, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork skills: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and good judgment to know when to seek help
Nice to haves
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience managing large scale databases
- Technical writing and/or training
- Experience using distributed version control systems
- Previous work experience with JIRA
- Language skills (Japanese, German, Spanish, French are all plusses)
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.