Who You Are…
You're an experienced Software Developer, with 3-5 years of application development experience. You thrive in working collaboratively with a small team of passionate and skilled developers. You’re excited by working on a diverse range of high-value projects across multiple product areas and have a passion for product and conversion optimization. You believe in working in teams to design, build and ship high-quality software and are familiar with iterating in an agile fashion.
You love to learn, improve and have a passion for technology and writing code.
You enjoy to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers while sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community, all the while shaping our software development culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You want to join us in using technology to build the next generation of products that enable organizations to power human connections at scale.
You love to immerse yourself in problem domains that are challenging, deep, and wide.
You’re Great at...
- Java, C#, or another compiled OO language
- MySQL, or another RDBMS
- Working on high-volume, highly available, scalable and extensible websites/applications
- Working with REST APIs
- You have a fundamental understanding of Object Oriented concepts and MVC frameworks
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Writing tests to ensure quality in your code
- Learning and evolving your technical capabilities
- Working in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
- Experience in an agile environment and methodologies
- Functional programming and/or Scala
- Experience or interest in high volume payment processing
- Experience with infrastructure orchestration and/or infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- You have open source contributions or personal projects
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.