Who You Are...
You enjoy working closely with other developers and stakeholders to build back-end services and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience communicating and collaborating with other departments to determine requirements and specifications.
You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers while sharing your knowledge within the team along with the broader technical community, all the while shaping our software development culture by improving our processes and codebases.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product. Your passion for technology keeps you learning and adopting of new techniques and trends.
You are super smart and have a BSc, BCS, BASc or comparable degree in a relevant program, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re Great at...
- Building highly scalable web applications and services. You have a portfolio of large projects that you’ve driven to completion.
- MySQL, Aurora, Redis, Varnish, Nginx, Apache, Ubuntu
- Application and system design
- Infrastructure orchestration
- Cloud infrastructure
- Cultivating an understanding of the servers and systems your code runs on
- Knowledge of containerized environments
- Applying, optimizing and enforcing software engineering best practices
- Automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- Data structures and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, CI/CD,
- Frameworks & Libraries: React, Yii, Symfony, Play
- Golang, Python
- Experience with Terraform/Ansible
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.