Senior Software Engineer, Internal Experience
We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
Hired is a marketplace that matches tech talent with the world’s most innovative companies. Hired combines intelligent job matching with unbiased career counseling to help people find a job they love. Through Hired, job candidates and companies have transparency into salary offers, competing for opportunities and job details. This level of insight is unmatched, making the recruiting process quicker and more efficient than ever before. Hired was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in the United States, Canada, France, and the UK. The company is backed by Lumia Capital, Sierra Ventures, and other leading investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hired is built with Ruby on Rails, with various sets of custom and out-of-the-box tooling to support the business side of our operations. Our services are deployed to Heroku and AWS. Our development philosophy celebrates test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment, and agile processes such as sprint planning, iterative development, and retrospectives. This role will be based out of our San Francisco office.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on various projects critical to Hired’s continued growth and success. Our engineers are versatile and self-motivated, can work in a self-directed manner or in a collaborative setting as needed, and display leadership qualities. We value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind our decisions.
THE INTERNAL EXPERIENCE TEAM
The Internal Experience team focuses on creating the best possible experience for our internal teams that support our marketplace. We enable these teams to be more effective, efficient, and impactful in their roles by automating tasks and creating or improving tooling and reporting. Many of us were once on the platform ourselves and we want to help Hired to better help others. We are a highly collaborative team with engineering, product, and design all working closely together. We are serious about the work we do but do not take ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Establish and maintain best practices in engineering team through technical leadership
- Act as a mentor to fellow software engineers, through code reviews, design document critiques, and brainstorms throughout the software development process
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, product polish, and code quality
- Participate in sprint planning, standups and retrospective meetings
- Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years experience full-stack development building real-world web applications
- Extensive experience with unit and integration tests, using technologies such as RSpec and Capybara
- Experience using various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Experience designing and architecting systems and applications
- Experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day-to-day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.
Hired is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Hired is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.