We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
Hired is a marketplace that matches tech talent with the world’s most innovative companies. Hired combines intelligent job matching with unbiased career counseling to help people find a job they love. Through Hired, job candidates and companies have transparency into salary offers, competing for opportunities and job details. This level of insight is unmatched, making the recruiting process quicker and more efficient than ever before. Hired was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in the United States, Canada, France, and the UK. The company is backed by Lumia Capital, Sierra Ventures, and other leading investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Hired is looking for a Full Stack Engineer for creating next-gen Search & Discovery experiences at scale. As a full-stack engineer, you will leverage ReactJS, Ruby, Python & Elasticsearch to create the next-gen unified Search & Discovery experience. In addition, you will work cross-functionally with Search & machine learning engineers to create end-to-end data-driven experiences for our customers.
Our stack is composed of ReactJS, Ruby on Rails, Python, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL & Redis. Our services are deployed to Heroku and AWS. Our development philosophy celebrates test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment, and agile processes such as sprint planning, iterative development, and retrospectives. We value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind our decisions. This role will be based out of our San Francisco office.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH:
- Leverage ReactJS to create next-gen Search & Discovery experiences
- Work with Machine Learning & Search engineers to create a powerful yet intuitive end-to-end data products
- Leverage Ruby on Rails & Python to leverage data to power new AI-driven experiences
- Help us understand our users information discovery need and usage of our current search/discovery experience so that we can further improve our product and create business impact for Hired
- Help invest in innovative new AI driven search & discovery features by combining Hired data & external data sources to enhance AI-driven insights for more effective recruiting
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 2+ years of experience in ReactJS or AngularJS
- 2+ years of experience in building real-world full stack web applications
- 2+ years of experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
- Drive to build next-generation AI-driven user experiences for connecting talent with opportunity at scale.
- Some prior experience designing and architecting systems and applications
- Some prior experience in writing code that’s safe to deploy in a Continuous Integration environment (deploying dark code, using feature toggles, etc.) and can work with DevOps and Engineering to enhance the CI/CD pipeline.
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day-to-day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.Hired is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Hired is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status.