We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
At Hired we believe we are entering a new era of work, where people are not looking for jobs — they are seeking opportunities. Focusing on in-demand technology roles, we intelligently match outstanding people to full-time and freelance opportunities at the world's most innovative companies. By taking the pain out of the job search, we help people build purpose-driven careers and businesses find the talent to fulfill their missions. Ultimately, we want to empower everyone to find and do their best work, from one opportunity to the next.
Hired is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in cities across North America and Europe, with plans to expand into new geographies, industries, and job categories. For more information, news and tips for candidates and employers, visit Hired’s blog.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hired is looking for a data infrastructure engineer to help build the next generation of data platform and products. The person will contribute to the vision of data infrastructure, building a scalable data platform to store, process and query terabytes of data. You’ll work on some of the most interesting big data technologies (Kinesis, Spark, Redshift) in the world.
The pace and quality of our decision-making are dependent upon data availability and reliability. As we are starting to build a data infrastructure team, we are looking for a senior data infrastructure engineer to lead the effort to design and build a scalable platform.
If you’re passionate about big data and data-driven engineering, curious about any problem where data can be applied, and love scaling datasets, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- 4+ years of experience in an engineering environment
- Design and build a scalable data platform to store, process and query terabytes of data
- Diagnose and fix complex distributed systems problems
- You will be driving the technologies and policies needed to ingest, store, manage and interact with Hired’s data
- You will be coordinating with Search, Data Science, Sales, Marketing, and Insights teams to help understand and support their needs
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Excellent problem solver and communicator, and can document your work
- Experience in working with one or more distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Presto or Redshift
- Experience programming in Python or Java
- You should have designed and developed production quality data pipelines in a distributed systems environment using data pipeline frameworks such as Luigi, Airflow or Pinball
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience programming with Ruby
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day-to-day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.
Hired is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Hired is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.