Back-End Software Engineer
An upcoming High Alpha portfolio company is looking a Back-End Software Engineer with a passion for building new things to help us build an industry-leading platform. This person will have the vision and desire to create an original, state-of-the-art b2b enterprise platform and work with an incredibly talented, fast-paced team.
The Software Engineer at this High Alpha pre-launch company will drive the architecture and development of our non-traditional, dynamic, and robust front-end application.
About The Company
We are the latest B2B SaaS company to come out of the Indianapolis venture studio, High Alpha. We are building a customer success platform that creates an in-app collaborative environment for SaaS companies to help customers define and achieve desired business outcomes. The company was founded by digital marketing pioneer and technology investor Scott McCorkle, customer success leader and practitioner, Dave Duke, and software engineering leader and technologist, Jake Miller alongside High Alpha. We haven’t announced our name yet. Give us a ring and we’ll tell you more.
At High Alpha, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create an innovative product that will improve the way people live and strengthen their relationships. High Alpha is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You love to work with others to design and build cutting-edge software
- You keep up with emerging technologies and are curious to experiment
- You have experience building software on event-based architecture
- You have experience building optimistic UI
- You are a team player and clear communicator
- You want to be part of a founding team developing a product from the ground up
Why You Will Love It
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems
- You will design and build a state-of-the-art user experience with a team of talented engineers.
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
What You Will Do
- Ensure development deliverables are performance, scalable, resilient, and have appropriate instrumentation and monitoring.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Work in fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date on technologies, frameworks, and development trends.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience building highly SaaS products/cloud services on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with big data technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hbase, or Bigtable
- Experience authoring, debugging, and maintaining SQL schemas, indices, and queries.
- Experience building APIs including Rest and GraphQL.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and web technologies in general.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in short release cycles, Agile/Scrum and TDD.
- Experience with deployment workflows and tools.
- Computer Science, informatics, or equivalent experience