Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - CORUS
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
Travel: Approximately 10%, US
Open Date: TBD
Close Date: TBD
About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst has been named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and a winner of Gallup Great Workplace award. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and, for the sixth year in a row, was named to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare list by Modern Healthcare. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Sr. Software Engineer will be part of the development team working on Health Catalyst’s Activity Based Costing product (CORUS, distributed at large health systems and provider organizations. This individual will work with a team dedicated to providing cutting edge tools and software to drive outcomes improvement in healthcare using data driven solutions.
We are seeking candidates with broad proficient experience with multiple toolsets in a commercial product environment. The successful candidate will also be eager and willing to learn new technologies as they emerge.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be exposed to software development for web applications in Finance in HealthCare sector. Candidates should feel comfortable developing REST APIs in C# for server-side, and front-ends in Angular.
The team uses agile and user story-driven development practices for full stack development as well as for enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. You will provide feedback to colleagues through code reviews and pair programming where high standards, passion and the drive to deliver exceptional products are second nature. Collaboration, mentoring and helping others are just part of who you are.
- Server-side: Fluent experience in OOP languages, such as C# or Java, ASP .NET MVC, WebAPI, REST APIs, ORM (Entity Framework or Dapper),
- Database: Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), Relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL), SQL Management Studio,
- Development tools: Git, Bitbucket, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio, VS Code,
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban software development practices,
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Communication Skills, Team Collaboration, Good culture fit (Smart, Hard-working, Humble)
- Experience in TDD, Unit tests, Integration tests
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Azure)
- Release Management experience
- Healthcare domain experience
Education & Relevant Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development for commercial software
- BS/BA or MS in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.