Job Title: Software Engineer - Platform/Fabric
Location: Salt Lake City or Remote
Travel: 3-4 days/month max
Open date: 8/8/18
Close date: TBD
About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
Health Catalyst(www.healthcatalyst.com), the leader in healthcare analytics & data warehousing, is building a first-of-its-kind application platform for healthcare.
Today 80% of what every healthcare application does is the same:
In reality, most applications fail to implement all these pieces and many even struggle with the first step of getting access to data about patients. No wonder technology has failed to achieve its potential in healthcare.
The Health Catalyst Data Operating System (DOS), is designed to provide this functionality out of the box so application developers can focus on the 20% that is unique about their application. At over 250 hospitals and 2,500 clinics that already use HealthCatalyst to manage over 65 million patients, hospital IT teams or 3rd party software vendors will be able to use these APIs to access data about patients without needing to integrate with the EHRs, to run analytics and machine learning in real-time, to build web and mobile UIs and to show their UI inside EHRs.
We are looking for some key senior people to help make this vision a reality. The ideal person would be a full stack engineer with experience in building complex end-to-end commercial software systems.
The position can be remote or based in our Salt Lake City office and will be a member of the team directly working on the Fabric components to enable 3rd party software vendors to integrate with DOS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help design and build the architecture of our healthcare data operating system, leading and working hands-on towards implementation and delivery to production
- Work closely with other product development teams in the company to facilitate application development on the healthcare data operating system
- Tuning and optimization of backend and frontend data operations
- Scripting and automation to support development, QA and production database environments, and deployments to production
- Define and help enforce data governance and security policy
- Mentors development team members
- 2+ years of Angular or similar web SPA framework
- 1+ years of building REST Services and JSON
- 5+ years working on commercial web or mobile software
- 5+ years with SQL databases like Microsoft SQL Server, MySql
- 1+ years with NoSql databases like MongoDB, CouchDB
- 1+ years with Big Data technologies like ElasticSearch, Spark or Hadoop
- 1+ years building applications for cloud platforms like Azure, AWS
- 5+ years with C# and .NET
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to complete the full lifecycle of software development and deliver on time
- Ability to work with end-users to gather requirements and convert them to working documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Deploying with Docker
- .Net Core
- Message Bus/Queues like NServiceBus, RabbitMQ
- Deploying applications on Linux
- Machine Learning
- Lambda architectures
- Data Warehousing design and concepts
- Experience building applications in Healthcare
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or MS in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building commercial software for the web
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.