More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Field Ops team with the responsibility to work with peers in building best in class tools to ingest and translate sensor data from agricultural machinery. The Software Engineer will be a critical senior member focused on backend, cloud-based solutions with an understanding of the DevOps space. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Deliver solutions to support multiple products
- Collaborate daily with Product Managers, Designers, Testers, and Delivery Leads to ensure that the right software is built and that it is built right
- Dive deep on agricultural machinery sensor data formats and become an expert in translating this data for downstream products.
- Grow your ability to design elegant data structures and build scalable services
- Improve all aspects of the product - both technical and processes - and deliver outstanding results for our customers
- Inspire your colleagues to achieve at a high level, push your team to deliver great results, and hold an optimistic attitude in all that you do
- Show a passion for learning and developing skills and trying new technologies
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional skills and knowledge of Python or C#
- Experience with AWS services, particularly Lambda, Step Functions, EC2, S3
- Comfortable working in a containerized continuous integration environment
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset
- Proficiency with Git, Jenkins, Linux; is comfortable working with Docker and working at a terminal; and continually looks for ways to improve our development experience
- Strong knowledge of a relational or non-relational database system like SQL Server or DynamoDB
- Proficiency with geospatial concepts, software, and libraries
- Experience working with agronomic or precision farming data
- Ability to review software designs and code to ensure security, reliability, quality, and adherence to product vision
- A strong testing orientation and ability to work well with test engineers
- Brings critical thinking and new ideas to the team on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Dependent care for business travel
- Learning and Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
- Deep care about the fundamentals of what is important: Interesting + socially impactful work, professional growth within the company, love for our users, stability, consistent reviews, work-life balance where you show up as the best you.
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.