The GoEuro Air team is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer with strong programming skills, fresh ideas and a passion for solving user problems to build a truly outstanding product experience for our flights business
Driven by our team of over 300 people from more than 40 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. With GoEuro you can compare and book trains, buses and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search, on mobile, app or desktop. By offering transparent pricing and easy booking, GoEuro makes travel planning simple, flexible and personal.
With over 800 European transportation partners across 15 countries, GoEuro is one of Europe’s fastest growing travel companies backed by 20 million monthly users and the world’s leading tech investors.
We are now looking for the next great addition to our team as a Senior Software Engineer.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in our Air Experience Team...
...you will be part of an agile, cross-functional development team that is working hard to develop the best travel product across platforms for our users. We are enabling the flights business to expand into new geographies and offer even more travel options to our customers.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be a key driver for defining and implementing a scalable, flexible frontend architecture that enables a consistent UX, fast delivery across platforms, and seamless coordination between multiple product engineering teams to create superb end-to-end experiences for more than 10 million travellers per month.
- Make GoEuro a first class flights platform to compete with the best in the world
- Build a product that seamlessly merges air and ground journeys to offer a natural travel search experience
- ES6, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Java 8, gRPC, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker
Our way of working:
- We have end-to-end responsibility from design, over creation up to running it in production
- Upside: We have lots of ownership
- Downside: We break it, we fix it. :)
What your team will expect from you
- You are passionate about building genius products that change the lives of millions of users for the better, disrupt traditional industries and you don’t let yourself be daunted by roadblocks and challenges along your paths to success
- You perform and deliver without supervision, in time, in high quality and proactively communicate about progress, challenges and success.
- You can evaluate and select the best tools (framework, library, practices) for the problems at hand and ensure standards in your team.
- You are able to break down complex scenarios, simplify processes and create simple solutions
- While being able to provide robust, scalable and elegant solutions, you also know when it’s time for a quick & dirty hack
- As a Senior Engineer, you bring all the skills and experience to dig deep into a problem, gather all the data you need from multiple sources and investigate from different angles to understand and fix root causes rather than just the symptoms
What we want you to bring
- Ideally, experience with React Native or native app engineering
- Experience with defining and delivering scalable frontend architectures (e.g. micro frontends)
- Professional work experience in Cloud environments is a plus, ideally Google Cloud
- Deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Clean Code, TDD and Pair Programming
What can you expect from joining GoEuro?
- You will be part of a growing Development Team, having the opportunity to build smart solutions, implement your ideas, learn, have an direct impact and lots of fun
- An opportunity to develop into a truly full stack engineer
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene
- Flat hierarchies and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Free lunches, yoga, German lessons and more
- Attractive compensation, relocation support, visa support (if needed)