Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
GA has a remote-friendly culture with offices around the world. If you prefer the office, our headquarters are located in New York City. Twice a year, the entire Product team gets together in New York for a week of team building, workshops, lightning talks, urban adventures, and an epic hackathon.
As part of the Engineering team, we collaborate with application engineers and business owners to build and manage a wide variety of data sets, deliver near-real-time monitoring of key business metrics, model events, as well as provide longer term trend analysis. We are proud of using new tech and always researching alternatives. We are super happy with our new open source data pipeline and need more engineers to grow it.
We are looking for a Data Engineer that loves data. Your responsibilities include…
- Development of data marts and rollup tables
- API feeds automation
- Work on the data pipeline that feeds our data warehouse from a variety of sources
- Assist with the development of a BI strategy to support current and future needs through technology
- Support and advise all parts of the global business on their data needs
- Write robust, well-tested, production code in support of the business intelligence systems
- Develop and maintain monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection services
- Understand what data is needed and how it will be presented in visualization tools like Looker
- 3+ years experience in the data field
- ETL/Data manipulation in Python, Java, Perl or any language. Python preferred
- Strong SQL skills. Experience creating data marts and/or star schemas
- Be able to translate business requirements into deliverables
- Comfortable writing code that pulls data from API’s and storing in database
- Excellent communications skills
Nice to have:
- Familiar with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker. Looker preferred
- Event modeling
- Experience with a columnar datastore, preferably Redshift
- Familiar with any monitoring system like New Relic
- Machine Learning experience
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple Macbook Pro + External Monitor
- Flexible PTO
- 401k Retirement plan
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company iPhone
Who can apply?
You are living in or willing to self-relocate to...
- The USA in any of these states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, NY, NC, TX, VA, WI and/or WA