Evernote is looking for a technical leader to drive our award-winning Mobile (Android / iOS) engineering teams. Evernote teams are small, we move quickly, and craft software that millions of people around the world love and use daily.
What you'll do
- You'll directly run the people and process for both the Android and iOS client platform teams.
- Define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate
- You will provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers in a collaborative way.
- Assess and handle product risks including handling engineering schedules, while minimizing technical debt and improving the quality of the technology
What you've done
- Led and motivated a technical team as a manager or tech lead
- You've earned a BS or MS in Computer Science
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- You were once a developer on a consumer-facing application that targeted Android and/or iOS
- Developers on your team trust you. Presumably because of the previous bullet point.
- Deep understanding of mobile client architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- We are looking for someone who supports team career growth and job happiness