About the team:
Search is at the heart of the Evernote user experience. The promise of search in Evernote is anything you put in you have at your fingertips, whenever and wherever you are. That promise goes beyond just keyword search to innovative ways of anticipating and personalizing the information we show to each and every user.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to build the next generation of Evernote’s search infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and launch new modular scalable search systems that search over hundreds of millions of notes and other content.
- Work with client engineers to ensure that we deliver an amazing search experience to our users in every Evernote client
- You will work mainly with Java, but some Python and Scala. There is some room for other languages due to being microservice-oriented and having a decent number of separate pipelines/batch jobs.
- You will manage an Elasticsearch cluster in GKE, as well as some Java microservices that provide an API to interacting with ES and other pipelines.
- You will work towards adding more intelligence to search, there is a lot of room for personal initiative and creativity there. We maintain our own reindexing system due to it being unfeasible to store document sources in our ES cluster.
What we’re looking for:
- You are an expert in implementing and launching scalable systems
- You have a strong foundation in computer science with competency in algorithms and system design
- You have a working knowledge of information retrieval techniques
- You have B.S., M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science or a related field or