About the Team:
Evernote was built to help people and teams capture, cultivate, and share ideas. We believe no idea is too big to handle or too small to matter and help millions of people every single day be more productive. As an engineer on Evernote's Growth Commerce team you'll design and build features on Evernote's payments platform. In this highly versatile role, your day-to-day work will directly impact large areas of the product and challenge your technical expertise as you develop across our front-end Web clients, back-end micro-services, and messaging tools.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building products and writing immaculate, well-engineered code. You are in your element debugging multithreading snafus to make sure we never lose our users’ data, or you prefer outdoing designers in your pursuit of pixel-perfection or maybe a little bit of both and more. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where specifications are constantly changing. This is a meaningful role in the engineering organization and is a phenomenal opportunity for an engineer to hone their skills on a high-volume, high-demand system.
What you'll do:
- Design, code and maintain software libraries that process Evernote's financial transactions for millions of users. Produce code that provides access to data, job scheduling, business logic and reporting
- As a full-stack software engineer, you will design, build, test, analyze, and rollout changes to the Evernote product
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor its performance in the production environment
- Collaborate with other engineers and the Product Team to help create a highly stable product
- Add new payments features to our existing products such as dynamic currency conversion, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
- Participate in design reviews, triaging issues and bugs related to payment applications; including credit cards, gift cards, and other custom payment types
What you’ve done:
- BS Degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- Have worked for 5+ years of professional industry experience building web-based, full stack software systems
- Proficient in at least one industry-adopted language. Prefer experience in Java
- Practical experience with relational databases and large data sets, particularly with MySQL databases
- Prefer experience shipping modern web applications with Java, HTML, CSS, React, and RESTful APIs.
- Bonus if you have experience with Google Cloud Services, Adyen, Killbill.io, Stripe
- Know a bit about payment processing, accounting practices, and PCI compliance but this is not a requirement. We prefer a software engineer with strong CS fundamentals eager to apply these in a high-volume environment where performance and accuracy are critical.