Your core priorities will be to:
- Work in a team environment, building and supporting on premises infrastructure for complex web applications
- Help set the architectural direction and implement parts of system projects
- Implement server and server cluster best practices such as security, OS patching, networking, code deployment, and configuration management
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment or services to solve needs and perform the necessary stress testing of this equipment
- Maintain a private cloud in a fast paced environment
- Provide tier 2 support to Operations in a 24x7 on call environment
What you should have:
- Expertise in Linux systems administration in a production environment
- Experience with Microsoft enterprise solutions including LDAP/ Active Directory, DFS, and Group Policy
- Microsoft 2012/2016 and Debian/Ubuntu server knowledge
- Comfort with premises infrastructure management
- Experience implementing and maintaining a managed production environment
- Exposure to virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Strong understanding of networking, including but not limited to, routing, VLANs, TCP/IP, tcpdump, load balancing and Netflow
Nice to have:
- Exposure to ServiceNOW, Okta, Infoblox, Veeam, Commvault, Microsoft SCCM
- Atlassian JIRA and Confluence experience
- PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
- Experience with Bash, Perl, SH, Ruby and PowerShell
About our team:
Enova’s Systems Engineering team creates the tools and infrastructure that are used by the rest of our engineering and operations groups, and ensures that our systems are performing at their peak. Reliability is always a priority and never an afterthought. We work with various Microsoft enterprise products, open source and proprietary Linux tools and applications, and third party IaaS and SaaS providers. When needed, we also write scripts to bridge gaps in built-in automations.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Check out our blogs to find out what life at Enova is like!