Come build the future of conversations & commerce
At Drift, we create conversations that make our customers successful. We want engineers who are ready to tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry—from building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old and new ways to buy. We want you to join us as we change the global buying experience.
- Steer the success of our product in our broad culture of autonomy. You have the authority and responsibility to make things happen!
- Become fluent in a wide range of systems, processes and technologies. Your team will own problems from end-to-end.
- Create new relationships across the organization in sales, customer success, marketing
- Uphold our Drift Leadership Principles and be the teammate you want to work with.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working on the frontend, backend, or anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers
- If you're exceptional in a few areas (ex: you're a CSS master or distributed systems guru); We like pointy people
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design
You might work on:
- Architecting robust RESTful services to collect and provide data on potential customers.
- Crafting highly efficient, customized campaigns to automate outreach.
- Working closely with Data Science and Operations to gather business intelligence firm-wide and make recommendations to improve the entire company.
- Operating and maintain enterprise-scale databases and external integrations.
Who you'll work with:
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Matt Bilotti - Senior Product Manager, joined September 2015. Matt was the first product manager on the team, and now manages projects across the growth team.
- Kent Ross - Senior Software Engineer, joined January 2018. Kent is the go-to guy for the growth team's backend infrastructure and metrics.
- Guillaume Cabane - VP Growth, joined September 2017. Guillaume previously scaled growth teams at mention.com and segment.com and is known for being Drift's "mad scientist".
What's it like to work at Drift?
We help companies build better pipeline faster by connecting them now with the people who want to buy now. Drift is changing the way businesses buy from businesses by building software tools that make conversational commerce accessible to anyone. We want the world to revolve around the customer, and we lead by example.
Drift hires people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. In product, we have engineers, PMs, and designers with broad sets of skills (from a variety of backgrounds) who are ready to tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry—from building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old and new ways to buy—through this work, we're changing the global buying experience.
We look at Drift as a constantly-adapting learning experience; for all of us, we believe we're at the forefront of an enormous opportunity. We support one other in our curiosity and creation—which we pursue through small, frequent releases to see what works for our customers. We are enormously reflective as a team and knowledge-sharing across disciplines powers our day-to-day work.
Product teams at Drift are small by design. We want you to feel like you're part of a successful garage band. These teams are supported by centralized groups that build tooling and train on topics like UX, security, compliance, and leadership so we can get better as we grow larger.
We want to work in a company of positive, hardworking people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to succeed in their work, and to help other Drifters improve over the long term (by helping them get better at what they do).
We celebrate wins as a company. Whether it's sales bonuses, trips for team MVPs, or the most "high-fives", we celebrate one another as much as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry on with extraordinary alignment, executive reports, and automated stats for everyone.
In both our products and our people, we aim to share the pains and successes of our customers. We are building a company that is abnormally successful. To do that, we need to both embrace tradition, and seek success that goes far beyond "the way we've always done things".