Principal Data Scientist
Customer Success and Support | Seattle, Washington
The Principal Data Scientist - Customer Success Analytics is responsible designing and building models & algorithms that power the next generation of actionable insights for the Customer Success organization at DocuSign.
The ideal candidate has a rich experience across the domains of Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support and Sales Lifecycle as a data scientist / decision scientist. You will leverage big data, statistical analysis, machine learning, AI and other advanced techniques to help DocuSign drive customer success, retention, upsell and cross-sell. You will partner closely with other data scientists and analysts in product engineering, marketing, sales and finance. This role will influence and shape the design, architecture and roadmap for advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics while collaborating & partnering with customer success teams on business & customer requirements to improve customer journeys and drive targeted customer outcomes with tangible ROI. You have a track record of driving successful data science initiatives while balancing the diagnosis and fixing of urgent problems with a calm assertive approach
This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. The candidate is deeply analytical with keen understanding of business process and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into operational readouts.
This position is an individual contributor position and reports to the Senior Manager, Customer Success Analytics, Services Management
- Design and build models / algorithms to drive predictive & prescriptive analytics across the customer journey – understand, track and predict sequences of events and interactions - evolve Customer Adoption Index to a holistic Customer Health Index
- Drive prediction model and account targeting for Customer Success Managers and Account Managers across North America, EMEA and APAC, to improve the customer journey and positively impact MRR/ARR while improving the customer experience along the journey
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to customer journey mapping, customer experience, adoption and health
- Combine analytics, exploratory skills and data intuition to deliver customer insights on Customer Adoption Index, Customer Health Index, churn causalities and upsell opportunities
- Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including Sr. Leadership, across Customer Success Enablement, Professional Services, field CSM roles, and regional CSM organizations in EMEA and APAC
- Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
Travel: Ability to travel periodically within US
- 10-12 Years of experience in solving complex business problems using data science, statistical techniques & machine learning to build predictive & prescriptive solutions across the customer journey
- Demonstrated experience in executing on complex projects, extracting, cleansing, and manipulating large, diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development & business feedback
- Experience providing insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations
- 3-4 years of experience with Python/R/SCALA, extensive knowledge and hand-on experience in statistical programming – SAS/SPSS/MATLAB and data science toolkits – Pandas/Jupyter/SCIKIT/Tensorflow
- 3-4 years of experience applying machine learning solving real business and customer problems
- 4-6 years of experience across Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support in account targeting, propensity analysis, customer health index, adoption, churn, customer journeys, lifetime value, upsell, cross-sell
- 3-4 years of experience in Enterprise Visualization Tools: Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, MS Office Suite, Excel skills - pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, statistical functions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to collaborate with the rest of the team to build solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize & communicate complex results to senior leaders
- Attention to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern & prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Strong desire to stay ahead of industry trends & technologies with a commitment to continuous learning
- Preferred experience using machine learning to build recommender systems
- Exposure to AI, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, NLP
- Exposure to big data platforms – Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, Matillion, Hadoop
- Masters or PhD in statistics, econometrics, operations research, computer science, applied mathematics
Customer Success & Support @ DocuSign
At DocuSign, we measure our success by our customers’ success. We collaborate with our customers to help them leverage their use of our products for maximum impact. Our global Customer Success and Support team provides consulting services and technical support on-site and over the phone support. We ensure that all our customers are satisfied and are DocuAdvocates. You are the eyes and ears of our company and provide insightful customer feedback to the rest of the organization, so we can improve the user experience and make it one that consistently exceeds expectations.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.