Front End Developer (Web Accessibility)
Engineering & Tech Ops | San Francisco, California
Create never-been-done-before technological solutions to complex, global challenges that impact millions of people and businesses.
DocuSign’s Product Engineering team is looking for an accomplished Accessibility Engineer to help ensure all of our products are web accessible. The developer will embed themselves in individual teams, teach best practices across the organization, and implement tooling to assist with writing quality, accessible code.
This position is an Individual and reports to Development Manager, Product Engineering.
- Assess the current state of accessibility within our applications and build execution plans to bring them in compliance with WCAG
- Embed yourself in engineering teams workflows
- Provide guidance to the user experience team so new designs meet accessibility requirements
- Create tooling with the QA team to quickly catch accessibility mistakes in future code
- Host informational sessions to further educate the product engineering organization including developers, designers, QA, and product managers
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- 2+ years more years of experience building WCAG compliant web applications
- Experience developing reusable accessibility tooling or libraries for use in a larger organization
- Experience with Agile development
- Solid understanding of assistive technologies and screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA
- Deep expertise of WCAG accessibility requirements and solutions
- Familiarity with ARIA and knowledge of code implementations
- Ability to collaborate and work across multiple projects and teams
Engineering & Tech Ops @DocuSign
We like to think about complex, global challenges that cross cultures and legal jurisdictions and that impact millions of people and businesses. We hire people with a broad set of skills, and they are working on how to create never-been-done-before solutions that scale. We are creating revolutionary solutions that change the way people work, live and connect … and we see our work go live. We see its impact.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected category.