Docker’s Support team is on a mission to delight the million of developers and system administrators that rely on Docker to build, ship, and run their distributed applications. As Docker continues to experience hyper growth, the Docker Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a Microsoft Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support for Docker technologies. These technologies include Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, Universal Control Plane, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You are a coachable team member with a high drive to learn multiple areas of technology and grow your career. You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Become a trusted technical resource in Docker technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Research and test theories to provide meaningful first technical responses to all incoming cases
- Learn and apply troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system
- Have fun!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years technical support experience
- Experience with virtual network troubleshooting
- Technical experience with Microsoft Windows
- Experience with Application troubleshooting, including REST API and web applications
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience working with command line interfaces
- Customer Service focused Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with container technologies
- Deep working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform
- Multi-platform (Windows Server, Linux, Cloud) support experience
- Dev/Ops experience
- Familiarity with DevOps software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins