The Developer Solutions group within Docker is responsible for all our developer-focused products. We develop the extremely popular Docker for Mac and Docker for Windows products, docker compose and docker build; as well as working on the next generation of developer tools. We are now looking for an additional developer to join our group in Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity to work on software for developers like you.
We use a wide variety of skills and technologies within our group. Between us, we work on Mac, Windows and Linux; we program in Go, Swift and C#; and we work across the stack from the lowest levels right up to the UI. Depending on your interests and skills, you will have the opportunity to work in several of these areas, and to expand into those you would like to learn.
As a member of the group you will help develop new versions of our software. You will be responsible for custom developments on a wide varieties of developer oriented tools, in order to deliver a compelling experience for our users. You should be passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and about Docker’s part in that.
- Develop our new products
- Enhance and maintain our existing products
- Contribute to release engineering
- Interact with other teams within Docker, as well as with upstream communities and our users
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years as a software engineer
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and languages, and to switch between them as necessary
- Equally comfortable starting a new product from scratch and working to maintain and enhance existing code
- Always using good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers, with User Experience experts, and with Product Management
- Ability to interact with upstream communities and with our customers in a way that brings credit to Docker
The following would be advantages:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience programming in Go
- Experience with developing Windows applications
- Knowledge of enterprise Developer and DevOps workflows
- Strong infrastructure and networking background
- Strong operating systems background
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with code signing, build management tools, and package systems
- Experience with git
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.