The Solutions Architect for Customer Success initiatives provides the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest growing application platforms in the industry.
By applying your architecture experience in a Docker environment, you will support and enable successful adoption of the Docker platform, working directly with our top enterprise customers and partners. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker. This position provides technical guidance and support through the entire sales cycle.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker technologies and the Docker platform are successfully incorporated into the development and deployment environments of customers with on-prem, public cloud and/or hybrid cloud environments
- Early adopter customers become Docker technology advocates and public references
- Equipped and enabled service delivery ecosystem of partners
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Lead proof of concept and pilot implementations of the Docker platform within key customer accounts
- Present Docker platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap to technical leaders with the customer’s organization
- Serve as the customer advocate to other Docker teams including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing
- Help enable partners to develop service delivery skills through mentorship, training, engagement shadowing etc.
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing architecture and post-sales experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc)
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Understanding of key DevOps concepts and tools (automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment(CICD), configuration management, serverless architecture)
- Experience with key web, networking, storage, security protocols (HTTP(S), TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS, AD/LDAP, NFS, SAN, NAS..etc)
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.