Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a rapidly growing team. Datto is an innovative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We are 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that enable and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We are headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Does this describe you:
You're a problem solver that can manage complex tasks and efforts independently!
A look inside the job:
- Lead Datto infrastructure expansion/enhancement projects of varying size and scope
- Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Solid configuration management skills required. Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- 7+ years of experience with Linux administration in large (100’s-1000’s) server environments
- Experience with Linux firewalls (IPTables) and general Linux networking
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Awk, etc.)
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience supporting BIND/PowerDNS, Apache/NGINX, load balancers
- Solid virtualization experience (We use KVM)
- Experience with ZFS, Elasticsearch, Kibana, OpenStack is a plus
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment Documentation skills mandatory
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- Dedicated to quality results
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You’re passionate about your work, excited when working on new ideas and can changes gears quickly
- A professional and courteous attitude
- You know how to divide your time
- Willing to perform other related tasks as assigned
- Able to travel on a limited basis as needed
- Willing to work off-hours support as needed
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.