Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a director of engineering for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for building one of the core media group teams, hire and develop the team, and be responsible for end to end performance of the team.
Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, Alibaba makes 56% of its profits from advertising. This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
We’re looking for experienced hands-on leaders that care about their team members and about helping team members reach their full potential.
- 5+ years’ experience building web-based products
- 2+ years’ experience leading software development teams
- Hands on leader with great people skills
- Experience with one or more of node.js, express.js or react.js
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Experience working in startups.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.