Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a database administrator for data platform, you will be responsible for in database administration, database architecture, database security and data modelling for our systems.
· Maintains multiple OLTP/Transactional in Cloud and On-Premise production, development and QA environments
· Database performance tuning, Review Architecture of Transactional Systems, Provide Design inputs
· Database server clustering, replication, and HA/DR
· Setting up the future direction for database, distributed database concept, key pair search DB etc.
· Build monitoring and alert tools to maintain health of the system
· Support and maintain disaster recover processes and procedures
· Creates and identifies standards and best practices, and drives adoption across the team
· Understand database as service, experience in DB as service is big plus
· Familiarity with AWS services like Aurora/MySQL/PostgreSQL, MPP Systems like RedShift, S3 , Route53 , IAM and EC2.
- Over 5 years of experience in RDBMS database (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) administration, design, logical / physical data modeling and design, and data security
- 5+ years of experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of Linux and Windows system maintenance and troubleshooting
- Strong experience with SQL and ETL
- Strong knowledge in backup, recovery, and DR methodologies
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with any RDBMS and MPP database (Oracle, Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with AWS storage and analytic services such as S3, EBS, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis
- NoSQL experience a plus
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Programming and scripting skills – preferably in Python/Ruby and bash.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.