Conversocial is a fast-growing SaaS leader for social customer services. We help hundreds of enterprise clients across many industry sectors deliver outstanding customer experiences over social messaging and media channels.
Conversocial are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer / Data Scientist to join our team! It’s an exciting time to join us, as we are expanding the data science team dedicated to apply data science and machine learning technologies to help our clients maximise their customer satisfaction, while keeping it in budget. You will be empowered to be creative, innovative and bold, to solve challenging problems through exploring a wealth of structured and unstructured data from a diverse range of sources; and your findings will contribute to our product strategies and directions. In addition, working closely with a small team of highly skilled product managers, engineers and designers, you will be responsible for delivering machine learning powered software products, and for implementing the full circle of the data science process: from prototyping, evaluation, user testing, coding, all the way to deployment in production.
We would like you to have:
- A first degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar, and ideally postgraduate experience in AI, NLP, machine learning and/or predictive analysis
- Excellent mathematical and theoretical understanding of machine learning and statistical NLP fundamentals
- Practical experience in prototyping, building, deploying and evaluating machine learning and NLP applications in production and at scale
- Strong Python programming skills, and experience with machine learning and NLP libraries such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark
- Good communication and time-management skills, and the ability to work in an agile and fast paced environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
It would be great if you also have:
- Expertise with NLP applications, such as document classification, sentiment analysis, conversational agents, automatic summarisation
- Experience with NoSQL / SQL databases like MySQL, MongoDB, RedShift, SnowFlake
- Experience with AWS
What's it like at Conversocial?
At Conversocial we focus on delivering real value to our clients: they use our software every day to delight their customers. We work closely with the product team to understand what users need and design and implement pragmatic solutions.
We care about fostering a positive work environment. We are respectful and trusting, and take our work seriously but ourselves less so.
You will get plenty of opportunities to discuss progress with managers and senior management via 1:1, company updates or just over the water cooler!
We treat our team well @ Conversocial - here are a few of the perks:
Whilst our Product Engineering teams are based in our Central London Offices, many of the team work remotely on a regular basis. This is something we encourage and we ensure tools enable this.
We want our people to learn and grow so provide everyone conference allowances and unlimited books
Staying on your "A" game is important so taking the time to recharge the batteries is catered for.
We get together every Monday for a team lunch.