Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
What does the Cloud Enablement team do?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support and encourage a collaborative approach to Cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success.
What will your role be?
The purpose of a Cloud Data Engineer is to enable data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data by architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. At Cloudreach, they will be customer facing engineers responsible for the implementation of solutions for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with big data tooling and frameworks is required.
How will you spend your days ?
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP ‘big data’ frameworks and services.
- Work with the product and software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues and support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand and formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside the Cloud Architect and Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customer’s data scientists and data stewards/governors during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- You can grow into a Cloud Data Engineer Lead or a Cloud Data Architect
- There are opportunities for relocation in our other cloudy hubs
Demonstrable working experience:
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Delivering production scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and learn on the job
- Comfortably working with various stakeholders such as data scientists, architects and other developers
How to stand out ?
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion and processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop and frameworks such as Spark and Flink
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Ability to identify and select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !)
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us !
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool destination in Europe.