Brightcove is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the UK and the world’s largest media companies including BBC Worldwide, UKTV, Channel 4, Ford, Viacom, ESPN, and The New York Times.
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Ingestion team. Our Ingest platform is cloud-centric, globally-distributed and built based on modern practices to deliver best in class consistency and speed.
About the Team
We work on a highly scalable, multi-region set of microservices that are responsible for delivering video to millions of consumers around the world.
We’re a small team, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy and input into design decisions. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and encourage learning and career development.
- Work with our customers on integrations with our Ingest platform which is a key component of our system
- Provide operational support on our Ingest platform
- Take ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organization
- 2+ years of software development experience in Java
- Golang experience preferred, but a desire to learn Golang is required
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in a Devops oriented team where engineers own the deployment stack
- Experience with Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment with an interest in container orchestration technologies, specifically Kubernetes
- Experience working with CDNs a plus
- Scala experience a plus
Working at Brightcove
Brightcove's Arizona office is located in Scottsdale's SkySong business complex, home to international technology giants, renowned educational institutions and some of the trendiest apartment and loft spaces in Scottsdale. We are just minutes from "Old Town" Scottsdale and are within walking distance of nearly every dining option imaginable.