Brightcove is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the world’s largest media companies including Channel 4, Ford, Viacom, ESPN, and The New York Times.
As a Software Engineer, you will help deliver a service that touches millions of people around the world by serving over a billion video streams each month.
About Our Team
The ‘Dynamic Delivery’ team work on a highly scalable, multi-region set of microservices that are responsible for delivering video to millions of consumers around the world.
We’re a small team, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy and input into design decisions. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and encourage learning and career development.
About Our Technology
The Dynamic Delivery platform has been developed from scratch over the past two years and is almost 100% written in Go (Golang), with functional tests written in Ruby/Cucumber and deployed using containers onto public cloud infrastructure.
- Take ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organization
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably in Java or Python
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field required
- Experience working with Go (Golang) a huge plus
- Some understanding of public cloud service offerings such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of Unix systems
- Knowledge of Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment
- Experience working with CDNs a plus
Working at Brightcove
Brightcove's Arizona office is located in Scottsdale's SkySong business complex, home to international technology giants, renowned educational institutions and some of the trendiest apartment and loft spaces in Scottsdale. We are just minutes from "Old Town" Scottsdale and are within walking distance of nearly every dining option imaginable.