Brightcove is the leading online video platform used by thousands of customers in 70 countries worldwide, including many of the world’s largest media companies such as Viacom, New York Times, Time Inc., etc. Every day over a quarter millennium's (250 years) worth of video is viewed by end users around the globe. These video streams generate 1.6 billion events daily, which are collected, summarized and analyzed by Brightcove’s analytics platform.
The professional services solutions architect is adept at presenting technical solutions to address customer and prospect business requirements. The role will consist of engaging to understand customer challenges then illustrating and presenting highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that both address their needs and accelerate the adoption of Brightcove services. You will help customers and prospects define complete end-to-end solutions that leverage Brightcove products, 3rd party products, and custom solutions built by Brightcove Global Services (BGS). You’ll prepare technical documentation and perform detailed discovery workshops to fully understand customer use-cases and requirements. You will also help develop Proof-of-Concepts to both help sell and close opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about media and video who can take leadership in interacting with publishers and content owners on a technical level. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely technical, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills. You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products and answer complex questions on functionality and usage.
- Developing a deep understanding of customers’ goals and objectives and translate that knowledge into clear and effective technical documentation.
- Communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT through diagrams, written and verbal presentations and communication
- Work with senior leadership at clients and within Brightcove to make sure client needs are met with our professional services solutions.
- Develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases
- Work with Brightcove internal stakeholders, Product management and Support, to make sure solution designs can be maintained and supported
- Understand Industry technologies including Authentication/Authorization systems, OSS/BSS systems, and payment gateways.
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers
- Travel when necessary to meet customers
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design and implementation
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Work with BGS engineering team to come up with cost estimates and levels of effort.
- Experience in streaming media or video space is a must.
- A track record of success in a technical presales role-- enough experience selling and implementing technology to earn your customer’s trust.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly
- A history of successful customer relations where you developed an understanding of what made a difference, and devised architectures that helped meet a goal, tackle a problem, or outpace competitors.
- Comfortable creating technical documentation.
- Experience with at least one server-side language (Python, Node.js, Java, etc.) strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud Hosting infrastructure
- Any experience with native mobile app development a plus
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions preferred
Working at Brightcove
Working at Brightcove affords you unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. We recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated individuals, create an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
This position is based in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and video games. We offer a fun and challenging work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. We give back by encouraging employees to take volunteer time off, matching charitable donations up to $100 per employee per year, and sponsoring regular meet-ups like our Women in Technology Initiative. We also offer unlimited vacation!