Principal Software Engineer, Application Architecture
Box is rapidly scaling a collaboration platform that powers over 85,000 companies and nearly 70% of the Fortune 500. We make it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much more. We are crafting a consumer-centric user experience for the enterprise and want you to be a part of this journey.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our customers. We value engineers who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves, their teams, and their products.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will lead our Clients Engineering teams in the transformation of our application architecture built on top of microservices. You will drive technology decisions across our Mobile, Desktop and Web application engineering teams. You will liaise with our Future Architecture group in the building of backends for frontends.
- 15+ years of software engineering experience
- Highly effective communication and influencing skills at the executive level
- Experience with web UI technologies (e.g. React), mobile platforms (iOS, Android), and server-side application technologies (e.g. Node.js)
- Expertise with microservice application architecture patterns (e.g. BFF) supporting web, mobile, and desktop clients
- Ability to represent the consumer's perspective and work with our platform team to design REST APIs
- Familiarity with patterns and technical approaches for experimentation and (A/B) testing
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a broader architecture community to solve for end-to-end system requirements around performance, scale, availability, reuse, and productivity
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.