Staff Software Engineer in Test, Enterprise Governance
We build products related to data lifecycle management and analytics at enterprise-grade quality. Teams within the group include:
- Enterprise Governance: legal and compliance products (retention, classification, deletion)
- Enterprise Insights: near real time customer facing analytics
- Enterprise Experience: frontend team building components, libraries and services for the enterprise user interface
- Enterprise Workflow: Workflow and Automation products to get work done and build mission-critical business processes within Box
Why Box Needs You
Enterprise Governance is the highest revenue yielding add-on products suite at Box. Our work is in the critical path of Box's success, and has high visibility from both inside and outside the company. We help our customers solve the immensely complex problem of meeting regulatory compliance at scale, in a way that does not negatively impact their ability to run the business. None of this can happen without top-of-the-line engineers, who are not only exceptional technologists but also great communicators who are a pleasure to work with.
Role and Team
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test on Enterprise Governance, you will instill and lead quality in the process of building our data lifecycle management platform. The platform enables administrators to be compliant with legal requirements and regulations. Specific features we currently support include:
- Retention Management, which allows customers to set automated policies to control preservation and deletion schedules of business documents
- Security Classifications, which trigger alerts or restrictions when files are uploaded, downloaded or shared, and extend Data Loss Prevention policies into Box with our trusted partners
- Legal Holds, which allow customers to easily comply with legal reviews with the ability to identify relevant content, preserve documents, and prevent information deletion /modification.
This Role is Truly Unique
You are the first SDET in Enterprise Governance. We are hiring you to solve open problems in ways that you as the subject matter expert see fit. We are looking for an experienced engineer, who is not only proficient in test automation technologies but also has the ability to design a process and bring change to software teams.
Why You Need Box
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of the Enterprise Governance team, you will help drive the product and technical vision as well as deliver critical features that generate revenue for the company through enterprise engagement as well as an add-on SKU. You will have an opportunity to design and implement processes that affect products across the Box echosphere.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- You’ll design, develop and integrate with automation software that will put our products to the test on every front.
- You will build the process of automated quality assurance into our development lifecycle.
- You will manage our interaction with external QA efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values.
Who You Are
- You possess strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, software design principles, and object-oriented programming.
- You love building across the stack of distributed, client/server systems.
- You understand design tradeoffs, and are able to balance technical constraints, business requirements and professional growth when thinking about your projects.
- You are comfortable with using scripting languages such as: PHP, Python.
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you’re proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- You like to have lots of fun with a great team, while working on challenging problems
- You have 8+ years of experience and a proven track record in building scalable distributed systems
- You have a BS/MS/Ph.D. in a related engineering field or equivalent experience
- See “Security: Access Controls and Visibility” and “Security: Governance and Compliance” spaces in the Box Overview https://www.box.com/products-and-features
- Governance & Compliance: https://www.box.com/security/governance-and-compliance
- Box Community - Governance: https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Governance-Resource-Center/ct-p/BoxGovernance
- Legal Holds Launch Post: https://blog.box.com/blog/legal-holds-now-available-box-governance-customers/
- Tech Blog: https://blog.box.com/blog/category/engineering
- Open Source Projects: http://opensource.box.com/
- Developer Platform: https://developer.box.com/
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.