Senior Engineering Manager, Platform
At BetterWorks we know the world of planning, management, and execution can be complex and subjective. We provide a platform that allows our customers to set goals in a manner that provides transparency, promotes collaboration, and integrates their existing toolsets to provide a holistic view of the world. Unlike previous platforms, BetterWorks integrates with existing workplace systems and software (Jira, Salesforce, Google at Work, etc.), becoming the system of consolidation, not just the system of record. Our platform goes a step further by tying employee goals into their professional development and performance, providing high visibility and transparency to both employees and management. It’s a complex problem that needs to strong individuals to help solve in an elegant, easy to use manner.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our core Engineering teams. As a hands on leader in the Engineering organization, you will have a direct and immediate impact on the evolution of BetterWorks’ platform architecture and our Engineering organization. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive goals and continuous performance improvement platform that disrupts and enhances the way employee performance management is done.
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will:
• Manage and grow a distributed team of software and test engineers
• Develop, maintain, and support existing critical platform applications and services.
• Lead the architecture and development of new platform services using scalable, cloud-native, micro-service based, architectures.
• Drive high performance development infrastructure, working closely with development leadership.
• 12+ years of experience in the software development, and 3+ years in managing teams of size 6-12.
• BS+ in Computer Science or Engineering;
• Seasoned practitioner running teams developing software using agile processes.
• Mentors others to improve and optimize development process.
• Strong people skills.
• Proven track record across multiple projects to deliver great products on-time and on-budget with attention to every detail.
• Demonstrated ability to design customer focused, architecturally robust, solutions that provide best in class software experiences for our users.
• A pragmatic problem-solver who can identify the essence of a problem and deliver simple, elegant solutions to that problem.
• Ability to hire and develop and grow strong engineering talent.
• Proficiency with distributed systems built on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
• Champion of an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery.
• Strong understanding of Test Automation and integration of Testing with development process
Perks At BetterWorks
• Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
• Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
• Frequent guest speakers from around Silicon Valley
• Mentorship opportunities
• Competitive salary with stock options
• Daily catered meals
• Benefits & 401k plan option
• Fully paid parking pass or CalTrain pass
• Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
• Unlimited vacation
Founded in 2010, BetterWorks provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals and ongoing performance conversations. Its Business Operating System is rooted in Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and uses Goal Science insights and operational research to help high-performing companies get aligned, and execute more effectively. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City and space in San Francisco, and is backed by Emergence Capital (Series B), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and 8VC. BetterWorks has an experienced team from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce and Yammer. To learn more about BetterWorks, visit www.betterworks.com.