Sr. Full stack engineers at AWeber focus on pushing forward efforts in creating remarkable browser-based application experiences using tools like React and Redux, system automation and deployment using tools like Ansible and Jenkins, building REST APIs using Python frameworks like Flask and Tornado, and researching new solutions to help drive innovation in any part of the organization. The role also participates in many other initiatives, not the least of which is solidifying and furthering our commitment to collaboration and cooperation between development and operations.
A sampling of the types of projects performed by this role might include:
- Building out event-oriented application or data processing architectures to increase efficiency and open data streams to multiple destinations.
- Research and/or build new solutions to provide new services and functionality to the internal application platform.
- Automate and expand the collection and use of metrics, leveraging new & existing tools to provide visualizations to both business and technical parts of the organization.
You’re an experienced engineer. You’ve worked on multiple projects in various environments. You've helped mentor others. You’ve put things into production, you’ve had people use them, you’ve failed, you’ve succeeded, you’ve paid your dues, and learned your lessons. You have a passion for technology, and view what you do as a craft. You like your job, but love your work. It’s something you’d do (and have done) even if there were no money or job involved.
You enjoy working with open source software, toolchains, systems, and databases, and are always seeking out new solutions to difficult problems in technology. Where those solutions are found lacking, you contribute, and occasionally build your own.
You cringe at the thought of having to make a definitive choice to work in only a narrowly-defined subset of software development, data or systems management, or engineering in general. You like to have your hands in all of it, and to be able to understand and affect change to any part of your work, front end to back end. You strongly resist pigeonholing.
You thrive in environments where technological and innovative velocity is high, and the overhead from administrivia is low. You can work well in isolation, but are happy to collaborate in a team setting, and might not even mind doing the occasional pair programming.
AWeber’s engineering team is a dynamic and exciting place to be. We use open source technologies like React, Redux, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Riak, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Graphite, and RabbitMQ. We use approaches to software quality like Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, and a healthy addiction to metrics that give us insight into our applications, and how well they’re serving our customers. We have a mode of execution built around Scrum and Kanban, and a Kaizen culture of continuous improvement. We believe in the kind of transparency, processes, data sharing, collaboration, and communication that foster a culture of innovation and a passion for creating remarkable experiences.
- 100% Company Paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Shuttle to/from local SEPTA station.
- 401K retirement benefits with company match.
- Profit Sharing.
- Free lunches every day.
- Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
- MacBook Pro laptops and 27" monitors.
- Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
- A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.