The PostgreSQL Database Administrator is a key role for an individual who is both collaborative and can work hands-on in our large PostgreSQL based infrastructure. Managing a mix of both physical and cloud-based PostgreSQL servers, the Database Administrator is responsible for the care, feeding, and uptime of mission-critical infrastructure. With a strong understanding of database performance, query optimization, and operational management, the DBA works closely with engineers across teams on a variety of projects. In this role, you'll revies schema, operational plans, and our database ecosystem to ensure that the right decisions are being made, and that our systems are both performant and error free.
Some Things You'll Do as a Database Administrator:
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24x7 PostgreSQL databases.
- Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
- Responsible for capacity planning and recommending paths to account for application growth that are in line with industry best practices.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
- Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
- Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL.
- Audit for data integrity and consistency across systems.
- Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools.
- Creation and management of ETL applications and pipelines.
A Little About You:
- BA/BS in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred.
- 6+ years of experience working in Database Administration
- In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional database theory and concepts.
- Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning and high-availability solutions.
- Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
- Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
- Experience with database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning.
- Linux platform familiarity, system resource monitoring and tuning.
- High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and writing applications in Python.
- Previous experience with MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Redis a plus.
- Previous experience with PostgreSQL in the cloud, including Amazon RDS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Docker and previous production experience with PostgreSQL or other databases in a Dockerized environment a plus.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, stream processing, and other related technologies a plus.
- Ability to handle stressful problems and solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organization and project management skills
AWeber’s engineering team is a dynamic and exciting place to be. We use open source technologies like Python, PostgreSQL, React.js, Redux, Redis, Riak, Chef, AWS, Docker and RabbitMQ. We use approaches to software quality like Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, and a healthy addiction to metrics that give us insight into our applications, and how well they’re serving our customers. We have a mode of execution built around Scrum and Kanban, and a Kaizen culture of continuous improvement. We believe in the kind of transparency, processes, data sharing, collaboration, and communication that foster a culture of innovation and a passion for creating remarkable experiences.
100% Company Paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
Company Paid Life Insurance.
Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
Paid time off.
Shuttle to/from local SEPTA station.
401K retirement benefits with company match.
Free lunches every day.
Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
MacBook Pro laptops and 27" monitors.
Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.