At Asana, we build collaboration and communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly and do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design. This focus led to us recently winning a Material Design award for our Android app.
As a manager on the mobile engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You’re passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers and individuals. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you and your team will solve.
- Manage a team of 3 - 8 engineers on the Android client or Mobile Infrastructure teams
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana mobile users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Experienced in managing a technical team focused on mobile apps
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.