Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Perception Data Mining & Metrics team is responsible for managing our Machine Learning (ML) data operations, define and implement metrics for Perception modules and scale our ML operations in the cloud. We deal with large data sets of sensor data (images, LiDAR frames, Radar frames,...) at scale and keep our ML development loop short (from labels to models in production).
We are hiring for a Senior ML Systems Engineer who will own scaling our ML Systems. Areas of ownership will include the full ML data management stack such developing pipelines for data preparation, building optimal model training systems, or building model evaluation systems. One particular focus will be distributed ML platforms for large-scale learning.
What you will do:
- Build software to manage ML data at scale
- Build software to train Deep Learning models at scale
- Build software to evaluate ML models at scale
- Integrate deep learning frameworks and external ML tools into our ML infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Experience as a technical or team lead
- Experience in ML systems (data management, training, or reporting)
- Senior Level Industry Experience or above. Staff/Principal level is welcomed
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (such as AWS or GCP) and with common deep learning packages is particularly welcomed
- Large scale machine learning applications with 2D or 3D data
- Strong bias towards mathematically sound solutions
- Deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in Machine Learning
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup