Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are seeking a strong technical lead to own the architecture and implementations for our Log Applications including Triage and Vehicle Log Search platforms. The Triage platform allows for efficient triage of vehicle take over events. This is critical infrastructure needed to accelerate the advancement of the Argo AV. This team will also build infrastructure and tooling to search petabytes of vehicle logs used by developers to find examples to build new features against.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Software Engineers to deliver critical internal infrastructure
- Lead the team to build tooling to enable efficient search over logs (recordings of vehicle sensor data and output from the AV autonomy stack)
- Lead the team to build tooling to review and efficiently triage issues in vehicle logs
- Identify and track metrics to measure success for all tooling, for all customers
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews
- Develop Proof of Concepts and/or Architecture Designs
- Develop and manage backend systems built on top of PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines from vehicle logs into the Log Applications Platform
- Establish alerts and paging to support critical infrastructure components during extended business hours
- Build rich workflows and data visualizations in React/Typescript
- Deploy web services and API within Kubernetes
- Provide detailed technical documentation and training for the platform
- Integration web services with custom built log visualization tooling to enable efficient views of critical data
- Develop map visualizations with geospatial query strategies on top of Elasticsearch
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall delivery of critical features to the AV
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Experience leading a team of experienced software engineers
- Experience with scaling cloud services and building highly available services
- Experience with front-end, backend, services and big data technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup