Anki is a leading consumer robotics company, founded by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates. We’re building on decades of scientific research to make artificial intelligence accessible to everyone. We are dedicated to creating unique consumer products that people would not expect to be possible, powered by robotics and AI.
We deliver accessible consumer robots at high-scale, along the way solving incredibly hard, real-world robotics problems while building a great consumer brand and company. Our products perform under a wide variety of real-world conditions in people's homes, every day, reliably and consistently and aim to represent the premium and most capable choice in the categories they are in.
We push the boundaries of expectations for what an affordable and accessible consumer robot can do today and we’re leveraging our presence in more than nearly two million households to build a software, hardware and cloud technology stack that will power a wide variety of even more capable consumer robots in the near future. Our earlier products in entertainment (Overdrive and Cozmo) have been near the top of their categories for years, and Anki is now branding out into Home Robotics with continued development to push the boundaries on the smart home and into diverse related sectors.
Recently, Anki launched Vector, the company’s first fully autonomous, always-on home robot with a rich personality that is also a helpful companion. Being cloud-connected and packing an impressive amount of tech in a small form, Vector (The Good Robot) is a living character and an evolving consumer robotics platform that will continually expand for years to come.
To date, we have closed more than $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as JP Morgan Chase. Last year, Anki generated nearly $100M in revenue.
We’re proud to be regarded as industry leaders in the consumer robotics & AI space. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the “Robotics” Category (2015, 2016 & #2 in 2017)
- CB Insight Artificial 100 List (2017 & 2018)
- Robotics Business Review “RBR50” List 2017
- San Francisco Business Times Tech & Innovation Awards 2017
Building secure products, protecting our customers’ and our own information is critical to Anki’s business. Anki’s security team is looking for curious, passionate and motivated engineers that want to specialize in penetration testing, risk evaluation, security research and security automation. This role will report to the Chief Information Security Officer at Anki and will be responsible to help design, build and implement security and threat mitigation solutions to secure Anki’s products and infrastructure.
You will join a small, senior team of engineers tasked with securely deploying bleeding edge AI algorithms to power one of the most sophisticated uses of artificial intelligence and robotics in a consumer product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in security automation and tooling for threat detection, identifying potential security issues in products and services
- Assist in design reviews and threat modeling.
- Assist in configuration and implementation of security tools and capabilities
- Document security processes and standards.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- Foundational knowledge or strong interest in computer, network or application security
- Ability to code at least one language such as Python, C/C++, GoLang etc.
- Self-starter with solid collaboration mindset and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
- Passion for robotics and artificial intelligence
- Ability to code to automate security functions and processes
- Demonstrated interest and passion for information security through participation in industry events or competitions
- Mindset of a breaker, penetration tester and experience in bug bounty research
- Hardware / embedded security experience and / or interest.
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!