At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Activision, Audi, Blizzard, Genentech, IBM Watson, Levi Strauss & Co, and Service Now.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The global systems team, which the systems engineers are part of, are the highest level of escalation for BAU issues and responsible for all IT infrastructure projects. This role is a combination of network, security and systems engineer, and is based in our San Francisco location. The person will provide advanced network engineering and consultation in the design, development and implementation of the company’s infrastructure. They will also need to have an expert level understanding of Windows (preferred) or Linux servers and virtualisation technology.
- Designs, architects and provides support of Routers, Switches, Security Solutions, VPNs, Load Balancers, and Network Management Solutions across LAN/WAN.
- Designs, architects and provides support for network security.
- Implement and manage global firewalls for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Provides recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliably and performance, reduce cost, and anticipate company growth and acquisition.
- Ability to manage projects through the life cycle
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining a proactive Network Monitoring System. Maintain and track network metrics.
- Provides technical expertise to support the implementation and modernisation of client server and network systems as well as the applications they support.
- Conducts analysis of network characteristics, troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network and system components on a Cisco based network.
- Provides advanced network engineering and design in support of enterprise network devices and services.
- Network centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog. Experience of 802.1x network authentication
- Manage and maintain Skype for Business
- Act as final point of escalation for ALL systems administrators
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience as a Network/Systems administrator, working in a large enterprise environment with increasingly complex and progressive experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory Services, Azure, SCCM
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Skype for Business
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, VPN and firewalls. CCNP/CCIE level aptitude
- Experience deploying and managing Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience managing VMware Enterprise environment. Accreditation would be advantageous
- Knowledge of public cloud i.e. AWS, Azure, Rackspace etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in configuring, installing and managing Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Crucible and Crowd)
- Experience using Nagios distributed monitoring or similar monitoring tool
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible and Puppet. Automate repeatable tasks
- Linux server experience would be advantageous
- Expert level in Windows server experience