At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns to our clients.
As a DevOps engineer, you will focus on unifying software development and software operation within an agile multi-national project team focused on Sitecore and Azure. You will strongly advocate for automation and monitoring at all steps of software construction, from integration, testing, and releasing to deployment and infrastructure management. You will work to shorten development cycles, increase deployment frequency, and drive for more dependable releases in close alignment with business objectives.
As part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
Skills and Experience
- Have strong experience with web development technologies and online user experience.
- Have infrastructure expertise towards architecture on cloud services
- Have developer support towards Sitecore, .NET, PHP and Database technology, MSSQL and MySQL (programming knowledge a bonus)
- Set up and configure WebApps and VMs
- Have an understanding of managing DevOps-related tasks & tools (C.I. and C.D. using tools like Team City)
- Use Microsoft Azure with experience in running architectures within this space
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex deployment and infrastructure issues
- Maintain high-availability of client solutions
- Have extensive experience working with and managing offshore teams
- Create/Support service-level targets and KPIs
- Lead/Review application security testing
- Can supply estimates towards architecture builds
- Work as part of a wider team with stakeholders, project management, development, and creative teams.
- Have experience working within a commerce-focused project
- Manage the current services and hosting offer
- Act as hosting and cloud subject matter expert for clients and colleagues
- Conduct technical consulting and training with existing customers
- Work with the technical team to understand our platform offer, become an expert, and provide client training if required
- Stay abreast of hosting technologies and best practices and inform the wider team
- Maintain knowledge of products/services, which includes dedicated web hosting and cloud hosting
- Utilize related project management tools: Jira, confluence, Sitecore, web hosting support, continuous integration tools (TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Provide development teams with a release plan as part of the overall development solution proposal
- Drive continuous quality and improvements for release and infrastructure related areas
- Work closely with the technical leadership to shape and structure the project team
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.