At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Senior .Net Developer you’ll be a vital member of our scrum team responsible for delivering best-of-breed digital experiences for blue chip clients using .Net, .Net Core, Microsoft SQL Server and pure agile delivery methodology. You will be a self-starter, be driven by quality and attention to detail, and be able to quickly assess and understand the impact of code changes you make across much larger, wider systems. This is an important role with high expectations, and comes with the ability to work on some of the largest Sitecore websites in Asia Pacific.
Located in Auckland, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, with access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Develop best-of-breed, service-oriented .Net applications using Entity Framework, SQL Server, the .Net technology stack and the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to .Net applications, SQL databases, Web API and a range of integrated systems.
- Operate in an iterative/Agile methodology as needed or requested.
- Contribute to the .Net discipline growth within the business.
- Implement high quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong commercial experience as a .Net developer and excellent fundamental development skills, particularly with a focus on MVC and service-oriented architectures (in particular Web API).
- Good understanding and experience with the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, cloud, to name a few.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern patterns & practices: control, repository, MVC, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and production diagnostic skills with the ability to think outside of the box.
- Familiarity with agile development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies is ideal, but not essential.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.