What is the Homes team at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets such as guest loyalty or personalization, improving our tools for guests and hosts around the world, or working on a new business such as Airbnb for Work or Airbnb Plus, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is a Generalist at Airbnb?
Generalist engineers at Airbnb operate at all levels, including core services, data pipelines, essential business systems, and customer-facing features. We’re responsible for a range of product surfaces across Host and Guest experiences in the dynamic marketplace, and the initiatives we drive span across foundational core infrastructure to rapid feature iteration. Generalist engineers play an impactful role on all sub-teams within Homes.
- Market Intelligence: Building the next generation competitive data intelligence engine to provide accurate, compelling, and meaningful competitive insights across Airbnb. Developing our online and offline infrastructure to crawl millions of web pages daily and extract structured data including granular availability and pricing information. By combining this system with other data sources, our platform provides insights to other product teams across Homes.
- Pricing: Building a suite of pricing services for the Homes business, including systems responsible for powering all price calculation and display, supporting host facing product related to pricing and availability operations, and enabling guest facing pricing features.
- Airbnb For Work: Focusing on business travel within the Airbnb world. Building a powerful company portal for travel managers and professional travel bookers to manage business travels for their team and company. Enabling a high quality traveler experience to employees through customized, company-specific search and booking flow, so people feel at home even during a work trip.
- Guest: Establishing a Guest platform to deliver a custom experience for every Guest searching for the perfect home for their trip. Building a system that enables merchandising the full range of home types and Host segments, while simultaneously empowering real-time profiling systems to support matching Guests to personalized content.
- Host: Rearchitecting and creating a platform for supply onboarding and management products that can be configurable and personalized based on supply types, host types, and various segments.
- Host Growth: Developing a page builder and component library to enable content/design/PM team members to create high performance, responsive, fully localized pages completely through a page builder UI. Continuing to improve the builder and component library for teams to always stay up to date with the latest designs, get user metrics out of the box, easily ship A:B tests, and load time speed improvements.
- Membership: Building the world’s best travel loyalty program. Working with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, and data scientists to build a membership platform that helps Airbnb Guests look back on their travels and aspire towards new, transformative experiences.
- 2+ years industry experience
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and /scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.