Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
While Airbnb has successfully embedded data & analytics throughout the business, there is also a need for a marketplace-wide analytics lens. In this role, you will partner with leaders of Airbnb’s “Homes” business to generate insights, evaluate opportunities, and identify drivers of growth, all with the purpose of directly impacting overall company strategy. This role will require substantial experience both in analytics, as well as project and stakeholder management, as the scope of projects you will lead will cross multiple business segments.
If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generating analyses that involve resource decisions or other tradeoffs between business sub-teams
- Performing deep dives into homes-wide business performance
- Proactively identifying and sizing business opportunities and growth drivers
- Working with our M&A team and innovation lab to evaluate opportunities
- Partnering with and supporting other data teams (especially in SF) to ensure a consistent approach to metrics
- 6+ years industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field; PhD a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a role requiring extensive project management, with proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- The ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are very proactive, great at communicating with different audiences and can bring different stakeholders on-board
- A “business owner” mindset, with a keen interest in strategy and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- R/Python; SQL/Hive
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Descriptive and predictive modeling
- Implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports