The Trips Platform team does two things:
1) Makes it easy for our guests to plan an entire trip across the entire range of Airbnb’s offerings.
2) Helps new and existing businesses within Airbnb grow by gaining exposure to Airbnb’s entire community of guests.
Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accomodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus Homes) and expect to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trips Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip.
Today, travelers use multiple tools to discover, plan and experience travel. No company has succeeded in putting inventory, content and planning tools for travel in one cohesive product experience. Trip Platform intends to help Airbnb capture a huge amount of the travel booking market by achieving this goal.
In addition, the team’s goal is to remove as much unnecessary effort as possible from the internal businesses, so they can focus on making their unique product great. We want to make it easy for new and established businesses within Airbnb to plug into the larger trip booking ecosystem. This gives a business within Airbnb an immense head-start on any startup or other company because they get a huge amount of the required product for free.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
Android engineers play a essential role in providing our guests with a world-class experience. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and data scientists to build the user-interface for an end-to-end trip. We build out platforms and tooling to enable our businesses to easily have a consistent user-experience, and heavily focus on a highly performant Android application leveraging the latest technologies.
Native engineers on Trip Platform have recently shipped:
- A flexible component library within our search product to allow our backend to optimize the search experience without constant client changes.
- Redesigning the restaurant and POI detail page and reservation flow.
In this role, you will work on exciting and impactful Android projects, including:
- Owning all of the Restaurants and places code, including the product detail page, and more!
- Creating a robust, server-driven Android architecture for our search flows
- Leveraging the latest Android features such as App Actions, Slices, Notifications, Animations, and more to create personalized user experiences
- Building on top of Airbnb’s open source Android libraries such as Epoxy, Paris, Lottie, and MvRx to deliver scalable, reusable, and testable code
- 2+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin and knowledge of the Android SDK and open-source Android ecosystem
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Advanced analytical thinking; experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…