To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness and value of medications. Our 7 global life sciences clients improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access and expedite interactions with the FDA. In our developing payer segment, we identify the precise therapies that can reduce spend and improve outcomes to drive formulary development. Our technology and team are built to propel clients towards the leading edge of outcomes-based contracting.
Our Principal Frontend Engineer is the critical leader of our Frontend Engineering team in creating modular, scalable and efficient client web applications. In this role, our Principal Frontend Engineer is directly responsible for successfully managing, organizing and directing a small team (3-5) Frontend engineers. As a member of a rapidly expanding organization our Principal Frontend Engineer will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collegiately with other highly effective individuals. Defining the problem, creating a roadmap and executing to achieve results is crucial. This is an exceedingly challenging role, but as a result the opportunity to learn and make a difference is incredibly high.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly performant and scalable components able to handle large amounts of data
- Assess where we need to build custom UI components versus externally available libraries
- Collaborate closely with our product, design and science teams to understand the needs of our clients
- Deep expertise working with a client facing web stack
- Proven experience leading and inspiring Engineering teams
- Experience in performance optimization
- High proficiency and technical leadership with front-end frameworks such as React/Redux, Angular or similar
- Agile Methodology experience including extreme programming (XP) practices, such as pair programming and TDD/BDD
- In-depth knowledge of RESTful API design
- Have product sense to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity
- Code - willingness to get your hands dirty. This is a +/- 60 % hands on and 40 % leadership focused role
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and Energetic Offices – We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events.
- Ideal Location – We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, and shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central and the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.