Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Springbrook is a division of Accela, providing cloud-based software solutions to local governments for utility billing, payments, payroll and finance with over 500 customers across the country.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Why Accela and Springbrook:
Accela and Springbrook offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
As a Software Engineer in Support, you will quickly identify and resolve problems on mission critical systems. In this position, you will need to be able to identify and implement short term fixes that can be rapidly introduced to enable clients to do business. You will need to be able to identify and correct data issues as well as minor defects and server setup issues. You will work directly with customers and Tier I/II support to understand the problem space. You must be effective at working in a high paced team environment. You will need to be able to identify and clearly document defects found in the system. This position requires a high level of customer service.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Resolve technical issues
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Learn business domain to help create efficient solutions with team members
- Work with a cross-functional team to include software and QA engineers, product management, and operations
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Experience developing and maintaining software with C# and the .NET Framework
- Exposure to MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL, stored procedures, and database design
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Accounting
- Experience with Payroll
- Utility billing experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.